Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thanks!

I wanted to thank all the VISTAs who helped recruit Facebook fans. We are now over our goal of 1,000 fans! The little competition was a great success.

I also thought it would be nice to showcase some of the activities we are involved in. Brian has been doing an awesome job at the Angel Tree Warehouse. He has spent many hours sorting and organizing presents and handling volunteers who deliver the gifts! I made a rudimentary video of Brian at the warehouse. He kindly showed us around. If you are interested in seeing what happens behind the Sub for Santa scenes, just check out the video. I apologize for it being sideways. I will work on my editing and filming skills in the future.
The rest of the VISTAs, in United Way's office, have been busy answering Sub for Santa calls and taking donations. It has been fun getting ready for the Christmas season and great to see the generosity of the community. They are really stepping up to help with the all the children and families who need help this year! As of today we only have 92 families left!

No comments: