Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring Creek Elementary

We are working on a couple of projects in order to help the South Franklin Neighborhood become unified and self-reliant. It is challenging but FUN at the same time.

Our most successful project has been collaborating with Spring Creek Elementary and I have to say since I started working with the kids I learned I love working and helping them excel at an early age.

As part of the curriculum each student needs to read 100 words a minute! At the beginning of this year, they couldn't read all the words, let alone in one minute. Thanks to all the volunteer hours we are making a difference and giving them the practice they need to succeed.

I am happy to say we are passing off 3 students a week. It is a really exciting time for everyone involve. You can make a difference one student at a time.


If you would like to help with this project email ahernandez@unitedwayuc.org.

No comments: